You’ve got the axe, the amp, and the aptitude, and now you’re ready to start learning how to solo. You can noodle around all you want, but to play a truly great lead, you’ll need to study the greats – the lead guitar pioneers who took old scales and current tools to new dimensions through unique melodic phrasings and emotional executions.
You don’t have to be a great guitarist to start soloing; you don’t even have to be very good. Of course, it helps to have a foundational knowledge of the basics before you start looking to shred, but if you’re a beginner with a drive to start learning lead, you’ve come to the right list.
These top 30 easy guitar solos come from a variety of genres and exemplify enough keys and techniques to get you familiar with the frets up and down the neck.
If you’re an intermediate player already comfortable with lead guitar techniques, practicing these solos to perfection will help you polish your phrasing, dial in your bend accuracy, and hone your hammer-on and pull-off timing. With a few of these solos under your belt, you’ll be riffing and licking with the best of them in no time.
Most of these solos are from rock n roll over the decades, in a variety of rock styles, but there are also country, jazz, and bluegrass songs on this list. None of them are Steve Vai or Joe Satriani level lead parts, but there’s a degree of challenge in each solo listed. They’re a great starting point for you to gradually work yourself up to guitar mastery. So, grab your pick, plug in, crank up the gain, and get ready to learn the top 30 easy guitar solos with tabs!
30 Easy Guitar Solos
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams – Greenday – Tab
- Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash – Tab
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison – Tab
- Come Together – The Beatles – Tab
- Midnight Blue – Kenny Burrell – Tab
- Good Directions – Billy Currington – Tab
- Can’t Stop – Red Hot Chili Peppers – Tab
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton – Tab
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana – Tab
- I Saw the Light – Hank Williams – Tab
- Angels – Robbie Williams – Tab
- Cinnamon Girl – Neil Young – Tab
- Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd – Tab
- Big Green Tractor – Jason Aldean – Tab
- High and Dry – Radiohead – Tab
- Wildwood Flower – The Carter Family – Tab
- Let It Be – The Beatles – Tab
- Chitlins Con Carne – Kenny Burrell – Tab
- Californication – Red Hot Chili Peppers – Tab
- Black Magic Woman – Santana – Tab
- Sister Golden Hair – America – Tab
- Holiday – Green Day – Tab
- Katy Too – Johnny Cash – Tab
- About a Girl – Nirvana – Tab
- Hey Joe – Jimi Hendrix – Tab
- Everything I Do I Do It For You – Bryan Adams – Tab
- I Wanna Be Sedated – The Ramones – Tab
- Champagne Supernova – Oasis – Tab
- Dance the Night Away – The Mavericks – Tab
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes – Tab